Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vdo Support Dedicated in memory of Debra Jacobs



I came across a group of women, who's hearts all belong to the same man. The man thats tall dark and handsome, the man of many skins, a character acter. I found it odd how close we all got so quickly, and how genuine they were in their care for one another. Any problem and they are all there behind you. Suddenly i realized this wasnt really a group for the actor, Vincent D'onofrio, this was a family of women, united by one common attraction. What was about this man, that brought together all of these women, and myself. How is it possible women who are attracted to the same man, could all get along so well? Why did we all understand eachother beyond words?
Vincent Donofrio "VDO" as the ladies call him was born in 59" to a nice italian family in brooklyn. he stands at six foot four inches. He is called a character actor for the simple fact he as taken a wide veriety of roles, and seems to fit in about any role he does. He really lends himself to the role. His most known roles would be on Full Metal Jacket where he played pvt.Pyle, And Law and Order Criminal intent as det. Robert Goren.


The stories of how the women became part of the group are usually the same. They noticed him in movie, or show, and began to slowly develop a crush on him. Upon looking him up, they came across specific fan's with blogs, and groups online. There is an entire world with in the D'onofrio fans. An entire family of women, who will all be close, sharing every triumph and fail until their dying die.
Personally I have found more support with in this group of fans, than in any other support group i have joined. The women are kind, caring, supportive, and most of all non judgmental. They quickly became part of my everyday routine, not to see Vincent nessisarily, but it like checking in with family. We keep tabs on each other, joke around, share helpful tips, and of course the mutual photo commenting.

Still there must be something to the reason we all get along so well, and it cannot be just the mutual attraction. Vincent has a presentation that suggests he isnt pretty. he has rugged good looks, saying i've been through some rough times, and i need someone who understands me. I know personally, he has this attitude that strikes something familiar in my mind. He stands taller than all of the women in the group, maybe we all seek safety in his arms. I don't think i will ever pin point a reason we all came together, But i am thankful for them everyday. I am especially greatful for having been accepted into the group, and as a facet member i enjoy meeting new ladies just joining the group. I have yet to meet one that has been rude, mean, ugly, lying, stealing, general back stabbing, I hope i never do. Something about the man draws in the best group of women, in my experience.

I originally wrote a piece about this several months ago, but due to computer failures this has been rewritten. It is dedicated in loving memory of Debra Jacobs May she walk with angels guided wings, on the notes of the lords songs. She was born April, 17, 1951 a resident of Sunny Florida, and native of Maryland. She died Feb,13, 2012 of complications from pneumonia. A long standing memory of the Vdo society, and will be missed.


Creative Commons License
Philosophy Of A Borderline by Jessi James is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at jamesborderline.blogspot.com

17 comments:

  1. This it absolutely beautiful. You have truly captured the essence of a Vincent D'Onofrio fan. Thank you Jessie your words have moved me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was beautifly written jess.I completely understand what you mean,i consider it an honor and great joy that i have come to be aquainted with all these lovely people in the group,it is wonderful with the bond all of us have.I believe Debra would love this post,probably does actually,since shes reading it from above..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks both of you. I am glad you liked it. And honored to be friends with all of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and please add links to all the best sites. i meant to but due to the wifi being slow was unable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've described exactly what is Vincent, a man with charisma so special, there are few people like that. I liked your words really touched me.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. im very glad to here that my dear. Many blessings to you, from me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. For having to be rewritten in a rush - damn good! You really pegged it - there is a family feel to this group. I know when I wake up in the morning, I sit up, grab the remnants of my extra large coffee from the night before and slurp, grab my cell phone and check the group, to see what I missed overnight! I don't miss much, as I usually check a few times overnight, when I rouse from sleep due to a loud commercial or some other nightly disturbance. I always gotta know what's going on with my girls!

    And the fact that we all do support.each other - added bonus! I know I'm the jokester, but there have been many times when i needed a pick-me-up...and I can always count on the gals to give me a smile, chuckle, guffaw, full-on belly laugh!

    ::SUPER-SUPPORTIVE POUNCE:: ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love you sharon! you always make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great piece of writing! It is so true. I feel the same way you decribe, not commenting a lot, but the group feels like a comfortable living room where you can just sit in a nice chair and listen to others talking and laughing and helping others. I do not think the man himself knows about what he created, but i am thanking him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really well written Jessi, it is so sad to lose one of our family our prayers go out to those who are left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful piece of writing, many thanks for sharing it, pretty new to the online world of Vincent but agree with every word you've written, a fabulous group of ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely piece Jessi..and I think you have us pretty well summed up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful, Jessi. And so true!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful piece Jessi..Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well said Jessi., I think this is the first time I've visited your site but your words are both touching and inspiring. Thank you for artiulating so well what it means to be a VDO fan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear of Debra's passing

    ReplyDelete
  17. thankyou all. i am still embarrassed by this quick piece, but i very much appreciate you comments. they really made my day thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete