Saturday, April 28, 2012

Demanding Demon



      I like to pretend you tried to contact me one last time. I like to pretend you chased after me. I like to pretend you cared and were miserable since i left. But you didn't, you didn't call, you didn't chase, and you didn't care. I don't remember much from that intoxicating fog that night. What i do have to remember it, is an inebriated suicide note that said "I don't care."
      I paint our relationship like a fairytale, you are prince charming in ever scenario. But no matter how hard i pretend, it doesn't change what really took place. The promises you broke, the callus way you handled me, the lies you allowed to slip off your forked tongue. And even when i stopped painting you as prince charming, you could do no wrong in my eyes. I allowed you residence in my heart and my mind. I attempted to drink you out of my heart and mind, and still here you are, plaguing my existence.
      You are the devil's henchman, a demon in angels wings. You prey on broken wounded young women, your forked tongue weaves beautiful dreams, that your soul cannot cash. You swoop in, and with the same gusto, you swoop back out. You leave others to feel its their own faults that carried you away. You are a horrible person, but your a perfect demon in disguise.


Creative Commons License
Philosophy Of A Borderline by Jessi James is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at jamesborderline.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I do understand how this feels,as i read this...it brought tears to my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad someone else understood it. :)

    ReplyDelete